Win a Free Habitat Improvement Plan for Your Kentucky Home Landscape or Property


Want some professional guidance for your private natural areas project? Enter for a chance to win a free plan for your Kentucky home landscape or property.

Two winners will be selected to each win one of the following prizes from The Habitat Workshop

Prize 1

Homeowner Habitat Plan – One home landscape owner will receive a habitat concept design and written enhancement plan that includes:

  • A home landscape assessment
  • Concept drawing showing locations of recommended habitats that fit your interests
  • Written plan describing existing landscape conditions, recommended actions and prescriptions for implementing the recommendations

Prize 2

Landowner Habitat Plan – One landowner will receive a written habitat enhancement plan that includes:

  • An assessment of existing and/or desired natural areas
  • Recommendations for habitat improvements
  • Prescriptions for implementing recommendations
  • *Plan does NOT qualify for NRCS cost-share programs*

How to Win

Use the comment section of this Facebook post (WIN A FREE HABITAT IMPROVEMENT PLAN) on the Kentucky Backyard Wildlife Habitat Facebook page by 11:59 p.m. EST on April 13th.

List in the comments: Homeowner or Landowner and 1-3 of your most important habitat goals. Examples of goals can be wildlife, songbirds, wetlands, pollinators, woodlands, invasive plants or wildflowers, to name a few.

Winner Selection

Winners will be selected by random drawing. Winners will be announced on the Kentucky Backyard Wildlife Habitat Facebook page on April 16th at 5:00 p.m. EST. 

Eligibility Rules

(1)    Homeowner Habitat Plan

  • Property must be a home landscape in Kentucky
  • Property must be less than 5 acres
  • Winner must own the property

(2)    Landowner Habitat Plan

  • Property (or section of a property) must between 5 and 100 acres in Kentucky
  • The property ownership must be private and non-corporate
  • Private, non-corporate farms ARE ELIGIBLE
  • Winner must own or have a management lease agreement for the property