Want some professional guidance for your private natural areas project? Enter for a chance to win a free plan for your Kentucky home landscape or property.
Two winners will be selected to each win one of the following prizes from The Habitat Workshop
Homeowner Habitat Plan – One home landscape owner will receive a habitat concept design and written enhancement plan that includes:
- A home landscape assessment
- Concept drawing showing locations of recommended habitats that fit your interests
- Written plan describing existing landscape conditions, recommended actions and prescriptions for implementing the recommendations
Landowner Habitat Plan – One landowner will receive a written habitat enhancement plan that includes:
- An assessment of existing and/or desired natural areas
- Recommendations for habitat improvements
- Prescriptions for implementing recommendations
- *Plan does NOT qualify for NRCS cost-share programs*
How to Win
Use the comment section of this Facebook post (WIN A FREE HABITAT IMPROVEMENT PLAN) on the Kentucky Backyard Wildlife Habitat Facebook page by 11:59 p.m. EST on April 13th.
List in the comments: Homeowner or Landowner and 1-3 of your most important habitat goals. Examples of goals can be wildlife, songbirds, wetlands, pollinators, woodlands, invasive plants or wildflowers, to name a few.
Winners will be selected by random drawing. Winners will be announced on the Kentucky Backyard Wildlife Habitat Facebook page on April 16th at 5:00 p.m. EST.
(1) Homeowner Habitat Plan
- Property must be a home landscape in Kentucky
- Property must be less than 5 acres
- Winner must own the property
(2) Landowner Habitat Plan
- Property (or section of a property) must between 5 and 100 acres in Kentucky
- The property ownership must be private and non-corporate
- Private, non-corporate farms ARE ELIGIBLE
- Winner must own or have a management lease agreement for the property